- Followed by 25 people
Friends · 12
- "Loving myself as I am" can be transformational in not only how we view ourselves but also the wider cosmos. At the level of the ego self it means letting go of all falsity, the layers we cover ourselves with to present ourselves in the way we choose to our peers and loved ones. It is saying this is who I am in this moment, eccentricities, quirks, issues and all - I accept myself as I am. I no longer need to give my power to others by requiring them to give me attention. I am myself's own source of love and acceptance. The world can no longer pull me with puppet strings made of carrots and sticks. I call back my power. I am whole. Where I am on the path right now is where I am. I act from a space that is centered in this moment, a space filled with loving acceptance. That space fills me and surrounds me. It is my comfort and my safety. My home, my lover. Then the inner eye opens and "Loving myself as I am" becomes the whole world, indeed the cosmos and beyond. All that resides within it, ever existed, ever will exist or indeed may never choose to take form. It is all 'me'. The fact is I wanted to try every conceivable way to exist. My insatiable curiosity imagined an Iceland and a Hawaii. I imagined life roaming the desert of the Kalahari and the shop rows of New York. I imagined religious devotion and secular logic. Piety and hedonism. Mystics and playboys. Jewellers and miners. Eight legged beings, green skinned aliens, killer whales and territorial humans. I imagined romance, lives filled with thrill, who done its and flights of fantasy. I am a writer. I am the refraction and reflection of the light of the cosmos. You are too.0 0 0 0
- This article suggests fear and other negative emotions can acidify your body. Personally I'd have to agree as my own body has given me a kick up the bum at times when I get fearfull, even though I have an alkaline diet. A good quick fix is to do a meditation, letting go and trusting if it is fear that is the problem, sending yourself and others thoughts of loving acceptance if low self esteem is the problem or emanating unconditional love and forgiveness if the negative emotion is hate, frustration or resentment. Reuniting with source using a dzogchen practice also works, resting in the inner stillness, silence and spaciousness. On a more physical level drinking 15 to 20ml of diluted apple cider vinegar can help to get the body back on track. https://alkalinenationusa.com/blogs/alkaline-nation-blog/84247617-how-emotions-affect-your-ph-balance0 0 0 0
- Looking around at the Facebook alternatives, AGAIN! MeWe looked like a possibility but after further investigation didn't grab me. $3 US a month to host a page! Being a self funded retiree I'm a bit cautious of committing myself to a subscription mode. I prefer donating a few dollars when I can afford. Plus I noticed a few people on reviews complaining of having been censored or their accounts blocked. Next - well Mastadon might have a bit of a wierd name, extinct animal and all that but it does offer micro blogging up to 500 characters which is more than you get on Twitter or even Gab. I've created an account at https://mastodon.social/web/accounts/852683 I still like Gab - it's as good as what you follow - just don't bother looking at the nasty stuff. I still can't break free of Facebook as all my family and friends are on it. Twitter's good for jotting down short musings that come to me.0 0 0 0
- How to navigate the world of mass manipulation, even one to one manipulation https://themindunleashed.com/2019/06/32-tips-navigating-world-lies.html0 0 0 0
- https://marygreeley.com/?p=87041 this is a bit of deja vu for me as I had ocean deadzones as a subplot in my recently published book Ideally Imperfect. Where's a special organism when you need one, to clean all this up. Soil run off from degraded land, forestry on steep slopes adjacent to waterways, the loss of filtering organisms such as shellfish, the loss of swamps that also filter and of course pollutants and shifting ocean currents all come together to make this a very serious issue. The ocean is a key part of the food chain as well as a thing of beauty. I'm not one to harp on about such things but I feel strongly about this one. Thirty years ago I could swim in the river where I lived at the time, swim with the fish in clear waters, see the sparkle of white quartz peeking out among the rocks at the bottom. About fifteen years ago I gave up. The rocks in the river were covered in a brown sludge. The life in the river was gone. People were dumping rubbish near my favourite swimming hole. Upstream intensive monoculture farming with heavy use of chemicals ... need I say more.0 0 0 0
- A lucid dream of a spiritual elevator
I suddenly found myself in a lucid dream in the early hours of this morning. Lucid dreams come more frequently around that time. I was suddenly aware of my body, lying horizontal, being supported by a cushion of air. I was steadilly, but not scarily descending down a shaft like an elevator. I felt safe. My awareness was merely curious as it observed this. When I reached the bottom there was no hard impact. Just a feeling of being close to the earth. There was a bounce as I reached the earth, then I began rising, more rapidly than I'd fallen. It was exhilarating. Like riding to the stars. There was some light. Sadly I can't clearly remember from that point in the dream. I thought I'd best jot it down before I lost it all. I tried googling about it while I had breakfast but while there's plenty out ther about spiritual elevators nothing equated to the dream. I have been working on opening higher chakras as described in the open heart yoga bhumi model. In that model the seventh chakra isn't the highest. It describes thirteen chakras but it sees them as being both above and below, simultaneously. So the higher you go towards the absolute the deeper you connect with the earth's core. End result, more connected, above and below.0 0 0 0
- My latest: Ideally Imperfect
Alys, who renames herself Gratia early in the book, suffers from defensiveness. It's destroyed her marriage and lost her relationships with her father and friends. Not liking her life she determines to turn her it around, one piece at a time, to create a new reality.
This is the third in the series "The Martian Vampire Chronicles", and a continuation of the world created in "Lefthand Adventures." Favorite characters will appear, including faeries, delphines, the Shang, the Lemurians, The Malakim and immortals of Boswell and Mars and of course the baddies, the Din, led by Sakla. However I hope I've included enough backstory along the way that the book can be read on its own.
I wanted this story to be about reality creation and self acceptance. For Gratia that means coming to terms with the loss of her mother, early in life, finding a way to balance her hormones and her defensiveness, recognizing her potential, her true interests and her capacity to love beyond the bounds of what she was raised to consider as acceptable.
It is a story of an individual finding peace with who they are and making the most of it. About blossoming into a life unknown and unexpected.
Those who have read the first book of the series, "An open connection of the heart", will recognize the main character as someone who had life changing impact on Callan. When his wife refuses counselling he determines to do it himself, learning how to manage her as best he can, to defuse situations that might make her explode in anger. To avoid the triggers. But his counsellor, Leigha, warns him that it won't make the problem go away. And she was right. Having done all he could Callan ends his marriage and ends up living in a caravan, living on two minute noodle, until... well that was book of the series.
So why did I rework Alys into this story. Purely and simply a writer's compassion for one of her characters. I couldn't leave her as she was. There had to be a more positive future for her.
So if you read Book 1 I hope you will find it in your heart to forgive Alys and enjoy, as I have, her journey into becoming Gratia, short for gratitude.
You can find the book at all good online vendors, eg:
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Arwen_Jayne_Ideally_Imperfect?id=EtaaDwAAQBAJ&hl=en0 0 0 0
- I was hoping to use the title "Perfectly Imperfect" for the title of my new novel but it looks like there are a few products already out there with that in their title. So now I'm having a rethink. "Enough to be loved", "I am what I need to be", "Worthy Enough" Any preferences? The main character is somewhat flawed, as are we all. She's been putting off loving herself until she overcomes her problems. Ideas for the book cover if you have any thoughts on that too. Imagine a snarky spaceship that's been trapped on the bottom of the black sea, a brown cardiganed father with a suped up aston martin and a mathematician who wants to redeem herself. Any ideas?0 0 0 0