- Followed by 27 people
Friends · 13
- A lucid dream of a spiritual elevator
I suddenly found myself in a lucid dream in the early hours of this morning. Lucid dreams come more frequently around that time. I was suddenly aware of my body, lying horizontal, being supported by a cushion of air. I was steadilly, but not scarily descending down a shaft like an elevator. I felt safe. My awareness was merely curious as it observed this. When I reached the bottom there was no hard impact. Just a feeling of being close to the earth. There was a bounce as I reached the earth, then I began rising, more rapidly than I'd fallen. It was exhilarating. Like riding to the stars. There was some light. Sadly I can't clearly remember from that point in the dream. I thought I'd best jot it down before I lost it all. I tried googling about it while I had breakfast but while there's plenty out ther about spiritual elevators nothing equated to the dream. I have been working on opening higher chakras as described in the open heart yoga bhumi model. In that model the seventh chakra isn't the highest. It describes thirteen chakras but it sees them as being both above and below, simultaneously. So the higher you go towards the absolute the deeper you connect with the earth's core. End result, more connected, above and below.0 0 0 0
- My latest: Ideally Imperfect
Alys, who renames herself Gratia early in the book, suffers from defensiveness. It's destroyed her marriage and lost her relationships with her father and friends. Not liking her life she determines to turn her it around, one piece at a time, to create a new reality.
This is the third in the series "The Martian Vampire Chronicles", and a continuation of the world created in "Lefthand Adventures." Favorite characters will appear, including faeries, delphines, the Shang, the Lemurians, The Malakim and immortals of Boswell and Mars and of course the baddies, the Din, led by Sakla. However I hope I've included enough backstory along the way that the book can be read on its own.
I wanted this story to be about reality creation and self acceptance. For Gratia that means coming to terms with the loss of her mother, early in life, finding a way to balance her hormones and her defensiveness, recognizing her potential, her true interests and her capacity to love beyond the bounds of what she was raised to consider as acceptable.
It is a story of an individual finding peace with who they are and making the most of it. About blossoming into a life unknown and unexpected.
Those who have read the first book of the series, "An open connection of the heart", will recognize the main character as someone who had life changing impact on Callan. When his wife refuses counselling he determines to do it himself, learning how to manage her as best he can, to defuse situations that might make her explode in anger. To avoid the triggers. But his counsellor, Leigha, warns him that it won't make the problem go away. And she was right. Having done all he could Callan ends his marriage and ends up living in a caravan, living on two minute noodle, until... well that was book of the series.
So why did I rework Alys into this story. Purely and simply a writer's compassion for one of her characters. I couldn't leave her as she was. There had to be a more positive future for her.
So if you read Book 1 I hope you will find it in your heart to forgive Alys and enjoy, as I have, her journey into becoming Gratia, short for gratitude.
You can find the book at all good online vendors, eg:
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Arwen_Jayne_Ideally_Imperfect?id=EtaaDwAAQBAJ&hl=en0 0 0 0
- I was hoping to use the title "Perfectly Imperfect" for the title of my new novel but it looks like there are a few products already out there with that in their title. So now I'm having a rethink. "Enough to be loved", "I am what I need to be", "Worthy Enough" Any preferences? The main character is somewhat flawed, as are we all. She's been putting off loving herself until she overcomes her problems. Ideas for the book cover if you have any thoughts on that too. Imagine a snarky spaceship that's been trapped on the bottom of the black sea, a brown cardiganed father with a suped up aston martin and a mathematician who wants to redeem herself. Any ideas?0 0 0 0
- Last night's amazingly high schumann resonance, the heartbeat of the planet has me wondering how I can change my beliefs, thoughts and opinions to better refect how I want the world to be. Many of us want to change the world, to change others but if the world is a reflection of us then perhaps the shift has to come from within me. What negativity am I still holding onto, what self or other blame, what categorizing of others into good and bad, worthy and unworthy? It's no good waiting until I feel I’m good enough or perfect enough to feel worthy enough to make a change. I need to do it now, perfectly imperfect, to use the title of my upcoming novel. Seeing myself, others, the planet as perfectly imperfect and deserving of love right now. It doesnt matter what my health is or what I look like. It doesn't matter what mistakes I've made in the past or will make in the future. I’m not going to wait until I’m perfect. That’s my affirmation for the day https://youtu.be/mdFF-FywuSQ0 0 0 0
- https://veggiedesserts.co.uk/16-cold-and-flu-fighting-recipes/ Got a cold? Here are some vegan and vegetarian alternatives to chicken soup0 0 0 0
- Propaganda relies on repetition. As the message becomes familiar the illusion of truth is created. What messages are bombarding you today? Where's the evidence for what they're saying?0 0 0 0
- What if there really wasn't a past or a future? How would that change how you feel about yourself and others?
What if from the perspective of light, by its very nature travelling at the speed of light, there was no four dimensional space time continuum? If space-time was just a useful construct for those working in 4D physics.
In a world where there was no space time wouldn't it be a waste of time to only love what might be or a memory that was?
The present moment, when full of self doubt, low self esteem, even self loathing, is such a sad waste. I know I have been guilty of putting conditions on love:
* when I get good at that ...
* when I lose that two kilos of belly fat ...
* when other people understand me ...
I'm guessing we all have these to some degree and we all like the idea, in theory, of accepting ourselves and others but how do we do it when we place so many conditions on it.
If you only have this moment what does it matter? To treasure this moment and truly glory in it open yourself to the light, to the innate unconditional love within. Then extend that bliss to others. Isn't that the way we could heal this world? Dropping the conditions for love.0 0 0 0
- The brain is not a container of consciousness nor is it the source of it. Rather it is a transceiver of consciousness. Like a radio picking up a channel.1 0 0 1
- What starts out as self preservation can lead to self sabotage as we set up blocks to what we fear.1 0 0 0